19 October 2011

Knitting and news

I've been very neglectful of the crafting element of my blog so far! I love making things, and I dabble in lots of different crafts - sewing, pattern making, painting, felting, printing, cross-stitch.. at the moment my love is knitting! It's so relaxing and yet productive. At the moment I'm knitting this hat for my boyfriend's Christmas present (yes I like to start early!) It's from this pattern:  basket weave hat on the cute Kody May Knits blog, and it's super simple. I love basket weave. It looks great but you don't have to concentrate too hard while you're knitting.
My other current project is a patchwork blanket that I've been working on between other projects for literally three years now. It's multicoloured and lots of different stitches. One day it will be finished.. here are some of the squares I've done so far! There is nothing so enjoyable at this time of year as sitting by the fire with a cup of hot chocolate, knitting and watching some fab tv (aka X Factor).

In non-crafting news, I am thrilled to have been chosen as a featured blogger on the really lovely Wrinkle in Time Vintage blog. I'm not sure what date it will be posted but I will put up a link when it goes live!

Are any of you guys crafters or planning to make some cute handmade gifts for Christmas this year? Am I the only one who starts thinking about Christmas this early?!


14 thoughts:

X said... Reply to comment

I love knitting but have yet to graduate from scarves and I get easily distracted so I can often times start one at the beginning of winter only to finish it when the sun has re-emerged!! The wintery showers have just started here in Scotland though so I think it's time to crack out the needles and light the fire :)

jenni said... Reply to comment

One of my favorite ways to relax is knitting&watching tv! This post is a good reminder to go by some new yarn... :)

Amber Schmidt said... Reply to comment

Color me impressed.

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said... Reply to comment

@The Headless Mannequin

If you can knit a scarf you can knit a hat I promise! It's just knitting around 5 needles instead of two :D

Ellie, I Like Ginger Biscuits said... Reply to comment

I am in love with this post! I knitted my boyfriend a scarf for his birthday. Knitted presents are best presents ever.
The patches for your blanket look amazing!!
Hope you're having a great Wednesday! :)
Ellie xx

Saint Folie said... Reply to comment

It looks soooooooo difficult to do.
But it's lovely.

<3

Bonnie said... Reply to comment

I really would love to learn how to knit. It seems like a relaxing way to wind down after a long day, and you can make some gorgeous pieces.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

Jen Umm said... Reply to comment

it is so good you stuck to this project. The whole knitting thing is easy but actually finishing one item takes FOREVER!!!
love what you have done!
http://www.styledecorum.com/

Patrycja Sz said... Reply to comment

Knitting is very relaxing. If i have got more time I will make shawl, hat or other magic things. Unfortunelly I haven't got enough time for activities like this. You have got talent for this! :)

Thank for your nice comment.

Kim Baise said... Reply to comment

hello, i just stumbled on yur blog and it's wonderful! looking forward to see this colorful quilt put together ;)

dandy-doll said... Reply to comment

This is so cute. you must be very patient, the only thing I have been able to knit entirely by myself was a scarf, and it took me ages! hahha :)

XOXO

http://thedandydoll.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

no you need to start the christmas knitting early.

particularly when (if you're anything like me) you get distracted easily.

that basketweave hat looks fab!

Jul said... Reply to comment

Your knitting looks amazing! I only know how to crochet, but someday I want to learn how to knit <3

[OKAY BONES] said... Reply to comment

Eee! crafts are up! This all looks so pretty.. I am feeling super inspired here... When did you learn how to knit? How? Is it difficult? haha.. every time I've looked at the books I am like.. 'I am too much of a n00b to know what any of this BEGINS to mean!' >.<

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading new style blogs so please leave a link to yours if you have one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...